History

Our history

  •  1894 – July 1, church is founded as the First Scandinavian Baptist Church of Valley City by twenty Christians.
  • 1898 – November, Congregation builds their first church building.
  • 1908 – B.Y.P.U. members assist church in converting to English services.
  • 1910 – Church adds basement to building.
  • 1922 – Name changed to First Baptist Church of Valley City and church into membership with the English Conference of the Northern Baptist Convention.
  • 1944 – 50th anniversary was celebrated.
  • 1948 – A great spring flood destroyed many church records and the basement interior.
  • 1954 – Crystal Springs Baptist Campu is founded near Medina.
  • 1961 – Church adds parsonage on 4th St. SE.
  • 1975 – Church joins the North American Baptist Conference (NAB).
  • 1980 – In November, the membership voted unanimously to buy land south of the Kathryn exchange to build a new church.
  • 1982 – Masonic Lodge purchases church building, services were held at the Miller Motors building.
  • 1984 – June 3, the congregation holds a ground breaking ceremony.
  • 1985 – June 2, a dedication service was held for the new facility.
  • 1987 – June, several members participated as counselors and choir members in the Billy Graham Crusade held in Fargo.
  • 1994 – During the fall, church celebrated their 100th anniversary.
  • 1997 – Church completes new sanctuary.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: